Night before your Tan
- DO NOT USE DOVE PRODUCTS! Refrain from any soap or bodywash that contains perfume, alcohol or mineral oil! These products leave a film and can alter the PH level of your skin resulting in a blotchy or uneven tan.
- Please shave or wax your legs night before your session.
- You can moisturize before bed, but NOT the day of your session.
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY! This will remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
Day of your Tan
- Review and sign the Release Form (available at the studio when you sign in)
- Remove make-up, moisturizer, perfume and deodorant before your application
- It is recommended that you wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Solution washes out of most clothing very easily but tends to stain nylon and lycra materials; therefore, dark colored underwear is recommended.
- A woman's tan can be directly affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop as dark as normal. It's not common, but it happens.
- Oily skin types usually develop lighter and require an extra spray after 24-48 hours to get your base color.
- We have found that the following products will lighten or make an airbrush tan spotty:
- Dove soap & Dove products
- Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anti-aging products or AHA's
- Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel
- Anti-Acne products (Accutane, Salicylic Acid)
- Facial masks & scrubs
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Wax depilatories
- Depilatory products
- Bleach products for body hair
- Hot tubs, chlorine and salt water
- Bug sprays - try to spray your clothes instead of you
- (If you must have bug spray on you, spray a "cloud" to go through)
- Let your tan set for at least 8 to 12 hours (overnight if possible) before showering or taking a bath. Express tan can be showered in 2 to 4 hours, but will take 8 to 12 to fully develop.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours. This includes tighter-fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight blouses and shoes/socks.
- All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 5 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Do not shave for 12 hours after your treatment.
- Beware wearing long boots after tanning as these can make your tan patchy on your legs.
* * * REMEMBER * * *
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some color wash off. Don't worry! This is quite normal as it is only the color guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan!